Instructor: Caroline Hartshorn
- LOCATIONS: Loughborough / Melton Mowbray / Leicester
- WHO AM I: Automatic Driving Instructor
- CAR USED: Automatic Ford Focus
- LOCAL TEL NUMBER: 07944878779
- EMAIL: email@example.com
Pass Date: August 2018
Bree passed her autoamtic driving test in Loughborough with Caroline today.
Well done from all the U Drive team and wish you a great driving future.
posted on: 31 August 2018
Pass Date: July 2018If you are new to roads and looking to pass first time Caroline is your best bet.
Her patient guidance and constant encouragement was my biggest strength while preparing for my practical test.
Her commitment and positivity towards her students is amazing.
Caroline, hands down you are the best instructor. Thank you for helping me pass first time xx
posted on: 31 July 2018
Learner: Sarah Lapworth
Pass Date: November 17
I was taught by Caroline, I passed my test for the first time with only 3 minors after having lessons for just over 5 months. I was a very nervous driver, I had put off learning to drive for over 10 years. Caroline instantly put me at ease. She explains everything very well, is patient and easy to talk to. I will actually miss my lessons that's how much I enjoyed them! All in all a brilliant instructor and lovely lady.
Thank you again Caroline!
posted on: 16 November 2017
Pass Date: March 2017
"I would be delighted to recommend Caroline to anyone who is thinking of taking up Driving Lessons in loughborough. From the very first lesson I was made to feel very comfortable and she helped put me at ease. Throughout my lessons my confidence evolved and my driving skills progressed. She has shown me how to drive safely and taught me at a high standard which enabled me to pass first time. Thank you so much for you time and patience.
posted on: 12 May 2017
Learner: Matt Smith
Pass Date: Feb 2017
After a period without lessons following a bad experience, I started driving lessons with Caroline in Loughborough.
Booking lessons was easy as caroline is very accommodating and easy to talk to.
Immediately I found the atmosphere of the lessons much more relaxed and comfortable than previous instructors, which lends itself to a calmer, more productive lesson.
Progress isn't rushed however if ready to move on, you are not held back like I have found with numerous past instructors
Brilliant instructor; polite, considerate and knowledgeable.
Would certainly recommend without a moments hesitation.
posted on: 12 May 2017
Pass Date: January 2017
Caroine got me through my test first time and very quickly. Caroline was helpful and informative on lessons, picking up on errors and helping to address them before they became habit. I always felt like I was making progress in every lesson and they were always a laugh. So if you needing Automatic Driving lessons in Loughborough then give Caroline a call
> Hope that's okay! Lots of love xx
posted on: 12 May 2017
Learner: Alice Wheeler
Pass Date: April 2017
Pass Date: Not passed yet...but will be soon :)
Thanks for a review from Alice who is currently taking driving lessons in Loughborough with driving instructor Caroline. Keep up the great driving and hope to hear back from you once you have passed your driving test.
Thanks the U Drive team...
brilliant teaching within the time I needed, was a pleasure to learn with and really listened when problems arose and helped resolved them. Would highly recommend Caroline! Alice Wheeler.
posted on: 12 May 2017
I have been an instructor for 20 years now! Can hardly believe it! My Dad was an instructor too so I guess Ive always been around this walk of life.
I have two children one is 28yrs the other 19yrs...feel soo old!! My son passed just recently so all the family now driving,job done!
Teaching is something I love,everyone is so different and this job gives you the huge variance of folk that keep you on your toes with your skills...I teach Dance too (something I have done all my life) its a passion you could say. However funnily enough its amazing what a crossover there is with similarities of approach.
This is a new venture for me with automatics,I have always taught manual but hey a change is fun!
Look forward to meeting you,
Thanks for reading!
The examiner will ask you one:
· ‘tell me’ question (where you explain how you’d carry out a safety task) at the start of your test, before you start driving
· ‘show me’ question (where you show how you’d carry out a safety task) while you’re driving
1. Tell me how you’d check that the brakes are working before starting a journey.
Brakes should not feel spongy or slack. Brakes should be tested as you set off. Vehicle should not pull to one side.
2. Tell me where you’d find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
Manufacturer’s guide, use a reliable pressure gauge, check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold, don’t forget spare tyre, remember to refit valve caps.
3. Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.
The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears, and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable. Note: Some restraints might not be adjustable.
4. Tell me how you’d check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road.
No cuts and bulges, 1.6mm of tread depth across the central three-quarters of the breadth of the tyre, and around the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
5. Tell me how you’d check that the headlights and tail lights are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
6. Tell me how you’d know if there was a problem with your anti-lock braking system.
Warning light should illuminate if there is a fault with the anti-lock braking system.
7. Tell me how you’d check the direction indicators are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), and then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
8. Tell me how you’d check the brake lights are working on this car.
Explain you’d operate the brake pedal, make use of reflections in windows or doors, or ask someone to help.
9. Tell me how you’d check the power-assisted steering is working before starting a journey.
If the steering becomes heavy, the system may not be working properly. Before starting a journey, 2 simple checks can be made.
Gentle pressure on the steering wheel, maintained while the engine is started, should result in a slight but noticeable movement as the system begins to operate. Alternatively turning the steering wheel just after moving off will give an immediate indication that the power assistance is functioning.
10. Tell me how you’d switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you’d use it/them. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Operate switch (turn on dipped headlights and ignition if necessary). Check warning light is on. Explain use.
11. Tell me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you’d know the main beam is on.
Operate switch (with ignition or engine on if necessary), check with main beam warning light.
12. Open the bonnet and tell me how you’d check that the engine has sufficient oil.
Identify dipstick/oil level indicator, describe check of oil level against the minimum and maximum markers.
13. Open the bonnet and tell me how you’d check that the engine has sufficient engine coolant.
Identify high and low level markings on header tank where fitted or radiator filler cap, and describe how to top up to correct level.
14. Open the bonnet and tell me how you’d check that you have a safe level of hydraulic brake fluid.
Identify reservoir, check level against high and low markings.
Show me questions:
1. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the rear windscreen?
2. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the front windscreen?
3. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d switch on your dipped headlights?
4. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d set the rear demister?
5. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d operate the horn?
6. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d demist the front windscreen?
7. When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d open and close the side window?